Wanted — Operations & Events Manager (Maternity Cover)
We’re looking for 6 months Maternity Cover for our awesome Operations & Events Manager — could this be you?
Emily Bromfield joined us earlier this year at Storythings, leading on our Operations and Events work. She’s lead our finance, HR and other operational processes, and on the development of our growing events slate, including our 10th The Story in Feb 2019, our new event Complex in Spring 2019, and The Story Academy, a new programme to support emerging talent from disadvantaged backgrounds that we’re piloting as part of the 10th anniversary of The Story.
Emily will be going on maternity leave for at least 6 months from October 2018, so we’re looking for an equally brilliant person to cover her role whilst she’s away. The job is based in Brighton, and is currently 4 days a week. We support flexible working, but you will need to be able to commute to the office for most of those 4 days if you can. And the trains into/out of Brighton at the moment are terrible, so it would be better if you were based in Brighton or nearby.
If you’re interested in the role, take a look at the job description below and then send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the deadline of Friday, 27th July 2019. We will use a blind recruitment process, so when you send your CV can you make sure it doesn’t have your name or other personal details on it. We’ll assign it a code linking it with your covering letter, but this will anonymise the applications, helping us judge you on your achievements, not your upbringing.
Operations and Events Manager
Reporting to: Matt Locke, Director.
Salary: £35–45k depending on experience (0.8 FTE)
Length of contract: Six months, starting October 2018
- Leading on the research, development and delivery of Storythings’ event strategy, including event design, sponsorship, and marketing for all Storythings Events.
- Working with the Storythings Management to identify new funding sources, partners and other strategic alliances that will scale Storythings’ activities.
- Developing processes for Storythings core operations, including Finance, Legal, HR, and other core processes. Working with the Directors to make sure these are well documented and as efficient as possible.
- Working with the Storythings team to develop, commission, deliver and evaluate content for multiple platforms, including web, email, social media, and audio/video.
- Working with the Storythings team to develop the best distribution and evaluation strategies for our project’s target audiences.
- Ensuring that all project deliverables are high quality and deliver the values of the Storythings and partner brands.
- Ensuring that all project deliverables meet the technical and legal standards required of the project.
- Representing Storythings at project meetings with the clients and project partners.
- Knowledge of innovation/tech/culture sectors.
- Experience running finance and HR processes, ideally with experience using Xero and Fluid for financial measurement and reporting.
- Knowledge of the NGO/Foundation sector and potential partners/funders for Storythings’ projects.
- A passion for developing public debate on innovation/tech/culture.
- Experience in project management/ coordination of media content and events.
- Experience in producing content for social platforms and building loyal communities on Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
- A network to bring new ideas, audiences and stories to the project team.
- Experience in working with a range of CMS systems to write, edit and publish articles.
- Experience in reading data from various analytics systems to understand traffic and engagement patterns around the project’s stories.